Non-Profit Strategies That Make It To The Top
Every year the public relations’ industry has a chance to celebrate some of the best non-profit public relations campaigns around. PR News' 2018 Nonprofit Awards will be announced this month and they’ve got quite a list of finalists.
The event takes place at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. and will highlight some pretty important causes, such as hurricane relief and hunger prevention in a range of categories from shoe string public relations to crisis management to natural disaster communications.
Here's a look at one of the non-profits being considered:
The Greater Boston Food Bank shined a light on the reality of food insecurity during September’s Hunger Action Month. The goal of this New England hunger-relief organization is to raise awareness and funds by galvanizing people to take action to end hunger.
The campaign included an interactive social media campaign. In partnership with Feeding America®, their month-long online outreach asked participants to describe what they can’t do on an empty stomach (“On an empty stomach, I can’t__________”). Followers then posted photos with hashtags such as #HungerActionMonth and #EndHungerHere.
They also scheduled other activities throughout the month, including FEDERAL CALL-IN DAY AGAINST HUNGER in which supporters called their congressional representatives and urged them to strengthen federal anti-hunger programs.
- Don't Lose Sight of Children: Saving Pediatric Health Care and the Affordable Care Act - Children's Hospital Los Angeles
- Meet Me at the Park Earth Month Campaign - National Recreation and Park Association
- goDigital - DC Public Library
- Fund It, Fix It, Make It Fair: The Campaign to Improve Public Transit and Defend Transportation Workers’ Rights in the DC Metro Area - The TASC Group
- Latino Education and Economic Progress: Running Faster but Falling Behind Video - Georgetown University Center on Education and the Workforce
- Hurricane Harvey Response: How Children’s Health Responded to One of the Largest Disasters in Texas History